ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 8:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: confused
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 4:00 pm 

Recently, I noticed a few small bumps on the inside of my mons pubis. I didn't think much of them at the time. However, they have grown to form a type of ridge that is mostly skin colored but whitish on the top. Today, I noticed a small sore around the top of it.

I'm a virgin. However, I gave oral sex about 2 months ago and have been fingered within the past 3 weeks.

I don't really know what I could have or what this is. I've had warts on my fingers before, and this doesn't really resemble a wart. And, being a virgin, I'm slightly confused as to what I could have contracted.

I have an appointment, but am anxious. Does anyone have any idea of what this could be, advice, or a similar story?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 6:05 pm 

Hellooo,

You're taking the right step--you've made an appointment with a healthcare provider to find out what's going on. No doubt your situation is causing you some anxiety, but any advice I or anyone else can offer would be pure speculation--and maybe even cause you more anxiety! Your healthcare provider is your best source of information and help at this point.

Sorry I can't offer anything more, but if you have any questions after your appointment, please feel free to post again.

Ally

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 5:17 am 

if the bumps are small, it could be from a bad yeast infection, some times that happens. but if they are getting bigger or have puss or bleeding, you may have contracted something even though you've never had sex. you are doing the right thing by going to the doctor! Just take care of yourself and make sure when you see the doctor you ask a lot of questions! I dont want to worry you but i have heard of rare cases of getting things like hpv from weird places because the virus can live on surfaces, but dont worry stress only makes it worse!!! I hope that its not anything like that, but go to the doctor and take care of yourself!!!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]