ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: just worried
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:27 pm 

I have had a risky encounter last night with a hooker but had protected sex. Am just worried about the risk and was very careful when withdrawing from her. Am circumcisized and take good care of myself. I did wash up with soap and hot water to make sure that nothing stays on my body. No fluids were mixed at all. what are the chances of infection? My biggest worry is hiv. Anyway am planning on taking all sti tests within 90 days. What do you think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:44 pm 

True your encounter was extremely risky but there are other STDs that can be passed without fluid exchange. Should you notice any blisters or wart - like growths, make an appointment to see your doc ASAP. These are signs of Herpes and HPV or Molluscum Contagium infection. You don't have to wait 90 days to get checked out for bacterial infections. Those test can be done between 2- 20 days if you notice anything. HIV is a different nature and you may want to get tested within the next 30 -60 days and get re-tested at the 90 day mark. Check out the ASHA website because there is a lot of good info there to help.

If there are any questions we are all here to help and the ASHA moderators are very knowledgeable and helpful with easing some fears

Take Care
Isis

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]