ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:35 pm 

Hello

On Sat, Jan 31st 2011 I had about 1 min of oral sex performed on me by women i met in a bar. I also gave her oral for about 2 mins. We then had protected sex.

1 to 2 days later I felt a tingling sensation in the head of my penis. Appx a 8 days later (Sunday) I felt a burning sensation when urinating. My wife (yes my wife) is a pharmacist and she gave me Levinquin which help the burning.. On 2/14 I went to my GP and he asked if I messed around and I told him no as he knows my wife.. He told me to finish the levinquin. All this time I have no discharge... The next day I went to a Urologist and I told him everything. He gave me 5 days of Diaxion (sp) just to be sure nothing was going on. He felt I was fine.. after a week my scrotum swelled and was burning. I went back to the Urologist who then gave me 10 day of Doxcycline 100mg twice a day..

I never went back to my GP, but i did go see another GP (Friend of the family) who I could speak to. He told me the Urologist "dropped the ball" and should have done a culture and other test. He told me i needed a 1 gram shot of Rochepin, and I i should be on the Doxcy for 6 weeks. He also said I need my wife to take 2gram of zithromax at once, because we had intercourse as well and we could be passing it back and forth to each other.

I told my wife I have a bad prostate infection and she need to take these meds as she I might have infected her, but it was unlikely. She took them 2 grams... I am on the 3rd week of Doxy and feel 98% better... The GP felt this was text book Chlamydia..

Could this be anything else? I am worried that my wife's health could be at risk, as well as my children.. I am just being paranoid. but I think you can understand..

Thank you in advance

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:50 pm 

the ceftriaxone was to cover gonorrhea. Can't believe your wife didn't question that one.

It's unfortunate that you've had all these antibiotics thrown at you without any testing for chlamydia and gonorrhea even though the risk of either from unprotected oral is incredibly low :( did they check your prostate at all? did any of these providers do any basic urine testing to look for ngu or anything?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:58 pm 

Funny you question the Shot. My wife actually suggest I get the shot beacause the Doxy was tough on my stomach.. Yes they tested my prostate. The original GP said it was slightly swollen but not bad, and since I did not tell him what it I did he suggested it was prostitisis (sp)...

I've been to the Urologist several times and he always does a urine test before he see me.. He also did a culture 2 weeks ago and it came back neg... But he thought it would based on I never had any discharge... I think I am totally stressing out... I need to stop reading the web, as I think I have everything from Syphilis to HPV... And all I think about is, is my wife sick... The GP that had her take 2 grams of Zithromax said she is fine I should not worry.. She actually took 2.5 gram over 2 days as she took 500gram the 1st day, (prescript was wrong) then 2 gram the 2nd day..

Should I be worried.. Its been 2 weeks since she took zithromax and I am on the Doxy for 14 days.. Both the GP and Urologist said it is safe for us to have sex and I should not worry...

Your thoughts?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:21 pm 

You've covered the bases for the 2 bacterial std's that are most common so no reason to abstain from sex at this point.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:43 pm 

Thank you Betsy for the fast response..

Any reason to think I have any other STD's.. no sores, no discharge etc..

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]