ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: help please
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 2:52 pm 

Hello all,
I have a bit of a problem....over a month ago i had unprotected sex with a new partner. One week later i began a skin treatment, which is pretty severe and has many side effects (it contains isotretinoin) and roughly 1-2 weeks later i started finding it incredibly painful to pass stools. This pain has not eased, and has actually only gotten worse. I have even encountered blood on the tissue occasionally. I had a blood test done last week related to my treatment and the results were fine so what I'm wondering is....would an STI show up in a full blood test?? And also, if no, does anyone know whether my problem could possibly mean that I have an infection or could it be simply related to my treatment? Please help...thank u all

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:27 pm 

Hello,

I looked up your acne medication and I also called my pharmacy about. The medication's side effects include bowel pain and rectal bleeding. You may want to see you doctor as soon as possible. Also unless the blood test was designated to find an STI, it may not show up in a routine blood sample. The pain I'm guessing is related to you treatment and some medications can cause colitis but this can be cured with antibiotics.

I once tried this medication a while back and it made me feel awful . Once I stopped, the symptoms went away. However, check with your doctor.

Good Luck and Take Care

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]