ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: I just found out...
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:22 am 

Yesterday I got the news that i had herpes. But im still in the grey when it comes to from who?!
I am seeing a new guy and last week sometime we had been out drinkin and then we got home and so on and so on... but we always used a condom well... he ended up takin it off and finishing the job.
Then a couple of days later i was feeling fine no syptoms no nothin i go and see my X like the horrible person i am and we ended up having sex and me and him never have used a condom.
So a couple of days later i thought i was getting a really bad yeast infection but as the days go by it jus gets worse...
All that being said I was wondering...
If the first guy gave it to me and then a couple of days later I had sex with my X does that mean that he has got it too?! Or would my X have been the one to give it to me?! Im jus so confused, niether one of them have any kind of symptoms so I jus dont know!
(Im not the brightest crayon in the box anyway!!!)
But i pray there is someone on here who can kinda help get me thru this or atleast explain it a lil better to me! :D
[/b]

Post subject: DOESNT MATTER
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:39 am 

Hi There,, it really doesnt matter who gave it to you, the telling of the two men should be the concern.. When one doesnt act suprised, you may have your answer, but they will both need to beinfomed that they could have it. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:06 pm 

Yeah I already told both and one did act less shocked than the other. And one is goin to get checked today and the other is sayin he doesnt know when he would have time! So that gave me a good idea! Thanks for the input!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 6:16 pm 

I don't agree that if one of them won't get tested that that means that must be the one infected. Most folks know little to nothing about herpes and assume that if you had it, you'd know it in a heartbeat and have very obvious signs of infection. No obvious symptoms means no chance of being infected in most people's minds. Unfortunately soceity has so unfairly stigmatized herpes that most folks won't even go get tested because they are afraid of what it means if they do have it. Also even though you are just now noticing symptoms - that doesn't necessarily mean that it's a brand spankin new infection for you either. Most folks assume that the first time they notice symptoms means it must be a new infection but studies have found that 50% of the time - it's not.

How were you diagnosed as having genital herpes? Do you know if you have hsv1 or hsv2?

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:54 pm 

I agree with the last post.. from what I have been reading since I found out, that you can have it for years before you have an out break or havew sex once and then get it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 2:09 pm 

I went to the health dept. to get checked but they dont check for Herpes at ours. And the main doctor wasnt in that day... the nurse there said she thoughts thats what it was cause i had a couple of sores and told me to come back the next day. When i went back the next day the doctor looked at me and she said that, thats what it was. No actual test was given to me...
But she told me that i had prolly jus got it since i was just then having an outbreak. I was just taking her word for everything cause i really had no idea... and i was just in a state of shock.
But my X the one i had sex with 2nd went and got checked and they told him that he didnt have it, i dont know what kinda test they gave him cause now he thinks i have it and he wont even speak to me... all he cares about that he doesnt... but who knows...
* To make a long story short i dont know which kind i might have they jus said i had it*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 3:19 pm 

I too just found out i have it... but i am confused on so many things that the dr's have been saying. one says that you can have it for many years and not know you have it and pass it along and another is saying that you would have an outbreak within 2 weeks of contact i am in a similar situation as marilyn in that there are 2 guys in question here ... both were shocked and in previous monogamous marriage relationships and both have been tested. we are waiting for the results.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:54 am 

MaRiLyN wrote:
I went to the health dept. to get checked but they dont check for Herpes at ours.

Why not? Did you ask them why they don't offer a herpes test? They didn't do a culture of any sore or rash that you might have? You know, if the health department won't test you for herpes then you should go see a doctor, an urgent care clinic, or a planned parenthood if you have one of those in your area.

Quote:
And the main doctor wasnt in that day... the nurse there said she thoughts thats what it was cause i had a couple of sores and told me to come back the next day.

Just because you have a couple of sores doesn't meant that you have herpes. Having a couple of sores could be just about anything. Don't let anybody diagnose you only by site. It's not fair and you deserve to have test results that will indicate if you have herpes or not.

Quote:
When i went back the next day the doctor looked at me and she said that, thats what it was. No actual test was given to me...

Again, don't let them tell you what you have unless they can back it up with test results. Anybody can have an opinion and nine times out of ten that opinion isn't always correct. Insist on :arrow: Proper Herpes Testing.

Quote:
But she told me that i had prolly jus got it since i was just then having an outbreak. I was just taking her word for everything cause i really had no idea... and i was just in a state of shock.

The only way to know if you recently contracted it for the first time would be if you had a positive herpes culture result and a negative on accurate herpes blood testing. Once your body has the antibodies developed there is no way to know from which of your past partners you might have contracted herpes from. No point in dwelling on it either should your test results come back positive.

Quote:
But my X the one i had sex with 2nd went and got checked and they told him that he didnt have it, i dont know what kinda test they gave him cause now he thinks i have it and he wont even speak to me... all he cares about that he doesnt... but who knows...

You need to be tested so you can find out for sure what your status is.

Good Luck,

Angela

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:40 pm 

Hey thank you so much for your advice i have not been on in awhile but that was really good to come home to! :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 9 posts ]