ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:31 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:32 am 

Hello,

Its me again...and more questions :D

Quick background:
HSV type 1(?) genitally, planning to retest later for type accuracy
Pretty sure I was infected on May 18th (Friday)
Noticed first symptoms on May 23rd ( the following Wednesday)
Took first meds on May 30th

All of the lesions seem to be gone..yay!
Just some patches of flakey skin remaining.
No more pain or burning...well maybe still just a little in the anal area, but nothing like before.

But what in the heck is up with all the weird sensations.
:?
First it was itching, and I decided that was likely a good thing and a sign of healing. But there is also this feeling of something "moving" underneath my skin...yikes! It causes me to physically jerk or twitch sometimes. And I have these weird tingles that travel down the inside of my leg and across my pubic area and buttocks.

Also I have a "pins and needles", prickle type sensation in my genital area - which I felt prior to the first outbreak.

This freaks me out because I keep wondering if this is prodome symptoms and I'm going to have another outbreak, which would be devastating being that the first has just healed.

What does this mean :?:

And also, how long should I wait before having sex again. I don't want to sound like a perv, but all the weird tingle-ies have got me feeling aroused and I sure don't want to jump the gun and make this worse...

Are all of these feelings caused by herpes?
(Which by the way I've decided to call this virus Kitten Pox... :lol: )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:20 am 

Being a gal you are very likely to develop yeast or bacterial vaginitis with your first herpes infection ( as if the herpes wasn't enough already! ). It's never a bad idea to go back to your doctor to be tested for both. They need to do a wet mount of your cervical secretions - not just a visual exam.

You can also try taking ibuprofen on a regular basis ( say 3 times a day ) for the next week or so and see if that helps with some of the oddball sensations you are having. Soaking in the tubby with an aveeno bath packet thrown in also usually helpful too.

dermoplast spray is a topical anesthetic you can buy to spray on too to help with these sensations. You want the blue can for the genital area, not the red can.

grace

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]