ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:25 am 
Can anyone help me? I took a igm and a igg test which the igm came back positive and my doctor did not mentioned anything about the igg. Figuring out maybe the igg is negative. He told me I was recently was exposed to it with a mixture of HSV-1 and HSV-2. Does that mean the igm shows recent exposure and does the igg shows past exposure? I am so paranoid that I went to take the test again at another clinic for an igg which came back negative. The day after I took it the second time, I went to my primary doctor to take it again, but not yet able to get in contact with him. I know that the third test will probably show the same results. The doctor at the second clinic recommend me taking the test again in 3 months but she says that since the igm tested positive that the igg will eventually turn positive as well.

I decided to test myself because I had some type of rash near the groin, but it did not irritated, burn, or itch. My doctor told me it did not look herpes. Since I'm so paranoid at the moment I been filling tingling around the lip line, and hot and cold tingling around the genitial area. Can someone please tell me if this a sign that I am going to have an outbreak?

Post subject: Correction
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:27 am 
I meant to say that after the second time showing the igg is negative, I went back to my doctor to take it again for the third time and not yet able to be in contact with him. Please Help!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 12:25 pm 

I already answered this on medhelp :)

betsy aka gracefromhhp

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]