ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:13 am 

:? I was diagnosed as having HSV2 about 2 weeks ago and when I thought my first OB was done and over I started get the symptoms all over again. Is this normal? I've been trying to stress over it, but I was in so much pain my first time around, that its hard not to be scared.

Also, my dr. prescribed Famvir, is there a reason why drs. wouldn't prescribe a daily supplement with someone that has H2? :roll: I was told previously that my dr. didn't prescribe me correctly, is that the reason why i might be getting a 2nd OB within such little time period? What should I do?

Lastly, where do i find Dermaplast? And are there any other remedies I should be doing to relieve any OBs? I currently bought L-Lysine supplements, can you tell me if that helps?

Sorry for all these questions, I'm just totally lost and don't know who to turn to.

Thank you!

G.

Post subject: Type-o's
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:15 am 

I'm sorry i didn't realize so many type-o's, i've been trying NOT to stress on this, but my first OB was so horrifying that I can't help it.
Also, I'm having many lumps in the "private" areas, is that good or bad, I'm not sure if they'd be called lymph nodes?

Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 6:50 pm 

Lysine doesn't do much for herpes. It doesn't help to speed the healing of ob's either.

I couldn't find your other post but I do remember pointing out to someone recently that they received the wrong dose of famvir so perhaps that was you? Yes it could still be your first ob running it's course and the wrong dose of famvir didn't help stop it. Don't hesitate to return to your doctor to have your "lumps" looked at too.

Once you know for you sure that you have hsv1 or hsv2 then you can decide if daily suppressive therapy is for you or not. Also your partner needs tested too if you have a regular partner.

And sweetie if we judged based on typos around here - even I couldn't hang out here....lol.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:22 pm 

Gringa,

Typos aren't the worst thing around. I knew what you meant. :) Anyways Betsy gave great advice. I sometimes get swollen lymph nodes in my groin area (on either side of my penis but towards my leg), but I'd still get it checked out by a doctor. Lymph nodes are one of the body's defenses against virus and bacteria, when they are working hard they can get swollen and sometimes even become tender to touch. Keep an eye on them if they become painful...but get it checked out to be sure.

Post subject: Thank you.
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 6:34 pm 

This is really extremely helpful!
I can't stress how thankful I am that you're all here!

G.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 8:24 pm 

you can find dermoplast at kmart, walmart or any drug store usually. just make sure to buy the blue can. It is a lifesaver. :)

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]