ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Is it Herpes.
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:30 pm 

Hello Everyone, I am a little bit of scare right now because I think I might have Genital Herpes. I just recently come back from a trip in South East Asia and have symptoms that are similar to Genital Herpes. However, I am not sure and asking anyone on this board to help me if you think I might have herpes or something else base on the information that I will be provided as follows. I also want to let everyone know that I just schedule to see a doctor this Monday to have him check it out. So here is my story. A friend of my brother takes me out to a hair cut salon that is also offer massage. He asks me if I want a massage after the hair cut is done and I said yes. He didn’t tell me that the massage was not about pampering and relieving pain, but more of sexual activities. Coming in not knowing the information, I take my clothes off and go take a shower. The massage girl gives me towel to dry myself and told me to lie on the massage bed. When looking at the bed sheet, it seems kind of dirty because the spot where my genital part will be lying is black. I forget to ask her to change the sheet and forget to ask if the towel or the bed sheet is clean. I then laid face down on the bed with my boxer on. After couple massage and after she standing on my back and press me down on the bed, she then told me to turn over. She then told me to take my boxer off so that she can massage the penis. I said no, get dress, and walk out. The next two days or so when I was sleeping I feel they were something biting my penis. In the morning when I wake up and use the restroom, I saw part of the head penis was inflamed with red color and some mucus. Then the next two days or so it was itching every time that inflame part being touch by the boxer or by my hand. I didn’t go see the doctor to check it out and after a couple of days the inflame part went away. Then today after arriving back to the states, two weeks after the inflame part of penis first occur I saw one pimple on the back of the penis shaft. The pimple is red and when I press the pimple, I saw clear liquid leaking out but I feel no pain or sore or nothing like that. Also I am coughing and having body ache. Oh the last time I have sex was about 4 or 5 months ago where I use a condom. Before the trip I was tested for gonorrhea and syphilis and it was negative. I am asking if anyone can explain what I might be contracting during the time I laid on that dirty bed sheet. I am worry that I might contract or have herpes, but I said to myself I didn’t have sex so that couldn’t be happening. However, I am a little bit scare right now based on the symptoms that I have and the information that I read on the internet. I would like to thank ahead for your help and your response.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:02 pm 

You had boxers on. You didn't contract herpes from the bedsheet. Herpes is transmitted thru direct skin on skin contact and you were covered by clothing.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 7:25 pm 

Thanks for the reply. Well the massage girl did touch part of my genital a little bit and my boxer is made from a very thin cotton fabric. However, do you think the symptoms that i have is similiar to herpes and possibly it is herpes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 4:28 am 

If you have herpes - you didn't get it from this encounter.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]