ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Can't shake of the fear
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:45 am 

Thank you betsy so much for all your help yes it was suppost to say 12.5 weeks. If it wasn't for you, Teak and Dr. HHH from the other forum I don't know what would be of me.

I just don't know why I can't shake this off after 15 weeks. I check myself downthere almost 10 times a day to see if theres anything different and I panic if I notice any slight difference (however nothing that really looks like herpes, but in my mind I think its a sign of an initial outbreak)

I guess its because of the the labcorp hsv2 test said positive and one biokit kit said negative and the last biokit was suposedly positive. (however dr HHd H says a faint reaction should have been interpreted as a negative.

So I guess 2 out of 3 being positive is what is really messing with my mind. and also because my regular obgyn said that when a labcorp test result comes back positive at ANY reaction level no matter if it is lower than 3.5 she always takes it as a possitive and doesn't see the need for any confirmatory test. positive means your possitive.

how can HSV1 trigger a false positive in your HSV2 test or what makes these these test give out false reactions.

thanks
stupidme

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:19 pm 

I'm gracefromhhp over on medhelp :) I remember reading your post to HHH on the biokit I think.

My first bit of advice is this and please take it under serious consideration. For the next week - don't look at your genital area - at all. Close your eyes to pee even and just hope for the best ;) In the shower - no peeking either!! TURN OFF THE COMPUTER. No getting online for anything other than checking your email, checking the weather or buying yourself something absolutely adorable from someplace online!! Use all that time you've been spending instead for something more productive like painting my bathroom, cleaning my house, walking my dogs or heck even do something nice for yourself like a pedicure or something!! Hit the kitchen if you like to cook - it's the best time of the year to get locally grown fruits and veggies. Make fresh veggie soup and freeze it for another day! A homemade fruit tart will impress the heck out of everyone you know and it's more time consuming than hard. Homemade bread - it's a great way to keep you busy all day long! Don't forget from scratch sticky buns too ( there are reasons why I am no longer a size 3...he he he ). Just keep yourself busy so that you have something else to think about. Don't get out the magnifying mirror and professional spotlight to do your crotch watch 10x/day! Don't sit and wonder if every little thing you feel in your body might be a sign of herpes. It's time to stop worrying so much about this and move on. It's the best thing you can do for yourself sweetie :)

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:53 pm 

Thank you so much Betsy I wish I could meet you in person. You guys have been my only relief to this stressfull situation. I do not have anyone physicaly around me that I can speak to regarding this issue. The only person that knows my herpes scare is my husband and only because I had to make him take a biokit with lies (he really still doesnt understand why am so frightened since he believes i am okay because he is negative, however he does not know about my 1 time affair.

I feel so bad, I am a Real Estate Broker and with this and my job I just feel am going to have a nervous breakdown.

thanks, Betsy you are the best.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]