ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 2:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:13 pm 

i have a new partner that i have to tell about my hsv2. i have a questions about what we can do and what we can not do. such as can i infect him oral such as kissing. and what about oral sex from me to him. my doctor told me that we could kiss. i think i just read on a website that if i am hsv2 i can give oral without giving him hsv2. i just want to know my options. so i can put it all out there on the tablebecause he is talking getting married

Last edited by betsyb1967 on Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:18 pm 

I moved this to it's own topic so that others can see it better :)

The herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com and the patient counseling video there are both terrific resources to learn more about your genital herpes at if you haven't found enough info here on asha. sit down with your bf and be open and honest about it all. Tell him that you know you have genital herpes then tell him which type and also if you know if you have oral herpes or not too. Encourage him to go get tested for herpes himself to see what his status is - you'll need to know that so that you can both decide what precautions, if any, you want to take in your relationship. Also don't forget about all other std's too. Encourage him to read on his own about herpes to learn more - send him here to read the herpes info and to also come to the boards to read the questions that others are asking to learn more too. He won't get the myths and b.s. here that some unreputable sites talk about!

It's never easy to talk about your herpes but it's something that needs to be done. It sounds like it's time to get it all out in the open for you two :)

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]