ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:13 pm 

Hi,
I have done much reading on HSV-2 transmission and I know that in the vast majority of situations it is transmitted through penitrating sexual activity. I also know that you can transmit using a condom because the entire penis nor the entire genital is covered. Genital to genital apposition is another way to transfer though not common.

My situation is a little different.

I am man.

I was with a stripper recently. I had my pants (and underwear) off entirely. She had a g-string on. Her vagina and pubic area was covered but she was on top of me grinding for about 5 minutes.

I had no other sexual contact with this woman.

Given that I did have contact with her butt and other "genital area", would there be any resonable risk of transmission through non-visable shedding?? I did not see any visable cuts, sores, etc.

Any info appreciated.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:22 pm 

Well, it seems that the last person to post pretty much asked my question differently...

So, it isn't likely to shed or transmit from the "non pink" or soft genital area unless there is a lesion.

Correct?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:17 pm 

Well I really don't count a g string as underwear but the risk from this is still pretty low. Try not to worry about it too much!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]