ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 6:43 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Newly Diagnosed
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:09 am 

I found out on thursday that I am positive, when I went in for the test the doctor told me that it was very unlikely that what I had was herpes and that I had a yeast infection which is why I was itching. Almost two weeks later they called me in to discuss my results and told me I was positive. I do not recall ever having any syptoms before. I have been with my boyfriend for three years, I recently had a baby, when I was pregnant it came out that he had cheated on me and that he had given me an std. He and I were apart during my pregnancy and we had only been back together for about 3 weeks when my symptoms appeared, so I am naturally assuming that I got it from him just do to our past. He doesnt have any symptoms, could it be possible that I have had this for years and just noticed symptoms?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:47 am 

Welcome to asha - I'm glad you found us :)

How were you diagnosed as having herpes? A blood test or a lesion culture? Do you know if you have hsv1 or hsv2?

Your bf will also need to get himself a type specific herpes igg blood test too to see what his status is. Once you both know who has what you'll be better able to figure out what precautions you need to utilize, if any. Unless he tests negatve you might not be able to figure out who had it first or for how long though.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]