ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 1:08 am 

Okay, so I found out today that I have herpes. I had a partner in July/August & a different one in December/January. I'm not for sure which on it would be from because the most recent one said that he hasn't had any symptoms or anything of the sort. So I was just wondering if they can stay dormant for 5 months and not have any symptoms at all. I am just trying to figure out if I gave it to my most recent partner or if he gave it to me. He hasn't been tested yet to find out if he has them but if he does I want to know who gave them to who. Just a f.y.i---I started having problems the day after I had sex the last time with my most recent partner.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:40 pm 

BailsNIU ~

Have you actually been to the doctor and had accurate herpes testing done? Do you know your status yet OR are you just guessing that you might have herpes?

It's really important to see a doctor face-to-face about this. Your partner may want to get tested for herpes as well.

Good luck,

Angela :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:53 am 

There is no way to tell if you've had this 5 months or 5 years or even 5 weeks. You might never figure out who you got this from. How were you diagnosed - lesion culture and typing and/or blood test or just a visual exam? If you weren't told what type you have ( don't assume it's hsv2 just because it's genital - it can also be hsv1 ) then you need to find out what type you have too.

Your current partner needs to get a type specific herpes igg blood test to know their own status. Once you know who has what you can decide what precautions are needed in the relationship.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]