ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: i need some help
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:27 am 

hi, recently i noticed small red / white bumps on my penis near the head. and im not sure what to think what it could be? i have read around on the internet and saw that it maynot be herpes, but just just very well be like small hard to see ingrown hairs?

i would like to go to the doctors and get checked out but it is a problem for me. i do not have a car, and the nearest clinic is approximately 30 miles away.

so i guess my question is wierd, and maybe unusual, but is there any medical resource on the internet where i can submit a photo and get the best diagnose of what it could be?

i know it sounds like a wierd question, but like i said, i have no car, and i really don't have the money to to pay for a doctors visit, and its a long distance to get to where i can be checked out.

any help would be appreciated, thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:25 pm 

I don't know of any reputible sources that will look at pictures online and diagnose you. You are much better off being seen in person by a medical professional.

How long have these been there?

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 1:50 pm 

well it has been a while, and the bumps are still there, and one or 2 more have appeared :( and i still have not been able to get checked out by a doctor..

but i noticed that the skin has dryed and started flaking off on one or 2 of the bumps..

now my questions are:

by what i have described in my post's does it sound like herpes? or genital warts?

do genital warts stay forever?

i heard that some herbs can stop outbreaks, but i have no clue what those herbs are, if you know, could you enlighten me?

im sorry for all these questions, but situation still remains the same as in my first post, i do not have a way or money to checked out :(

and the bumps start out as a brighter red color, and then progress to lighter tones of red, and then to maybe a fleshy color...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:00 pm 

oh, and on another note of description.

i have noticed, that it sometimes burns when i urinate. and i even while not urinating, i have noticed that i get discomfort ( which feels like to be in the tip of my penis ).

the bumps are round, and not coloflour like shapes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:59 pm 

herpes would start to clear up and go away in about 2 weeks if this was a newly acquired infection for you.

You need to go be seen by your doctor and find out what is going on. We can't diagnose you online.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]