ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:39 am 

I was diagnosed in June for HS 1 gentially after having oral sex with a BF who had a cold sore. Does this mean I will not be able to have oral sex again with some type of barrier? When does this viral shedding occur - will there be physical systems. I intend on having sex with a condom but what are my chances of passing this on to my partner without using a condom. I need some clear information. My doctor has not been very forthcoming.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:51 pm 

I encourage you to read the info on the asha site on herpes and also check out the patient counseling video and herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com. You'll get much better answers from them than it sounds like you are getting from your doctor.

If your bf has hsv1 orally and you have it genitally - usually just avoiding sex during obvious symptoms genitally is all it takes. He has significant protection against contracting the virus genitally from you.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:18 pm 

do you have another site?

Post subject: found the site
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:59 pm 

I am just not satisfied with the info I can find on HS 1 specifically. How does it differ from HS 2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:54 pm 

Well this is covered under the symptoms chapter of the handbook but basically hsv1 genitally sheds less often and doesn't reoccur very often especially when compared to hsv2 genitally or hsv1 orally.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]