ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:15 pm 

I just found out I tested positive for the hsv type 1 and 2. I've been reading a lot today, so I called my clinic to ask the numeric results and they said they don't have numeric results. It's either positive or negative. If I wanted further testing, I would have to pay out of pocket because insurance doesn't pay. I was told I was tested for the HSV type 1 and 2 antibody. I thought they share 50% of their DNA? Does this mean there's no possibility the test is wrong?Help! I'm devastated!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:56 pm 

Some clinics do only report back with a + or a - only. You can ask them to contact the lab they use and ask if there are any numeric values and also ask which test they are using to test with. You can have a false positive hsv2 result due to a previous hsv1 infection which is why seeing the actual numbers comes in handy to see if any additional testing is needed.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]