ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Hey BesteyB, Please Read
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:35 am 

Thanks Betsey for the information you gave to LL303,

I was looking for an answer to this myself but when I was diagnosed with HSV-1 genitally, the doctor at the time didn't want to do a viral culture. He just put me on FAMVIR and the "Papercut" tears I had went away. However, I didn't have my first outbreak until 18 months (Nov. 2005) after I had sex. I was really worried about passing this on to my bf. Howver the doctor told me I had nothing to worry about since 80% of the population may have HSV-1.

However it stills worries me and my bf says I'm letting this just consume me. It's been almost 2.5 years since I did the bedroom tango and let's just say I'm losing my mind. I really love my bf but I just don't want to give him the gift that keeps on giving. Lately this has been making me really sad :cry: .

Any advice you could give? And also should you dsiclose HSV-1 with partners just like you would with HSV-2. I'm my heart, I think you should but just wanted your opinion. My new doctor says he can do a viral culture but so far I haven't had another outbreak since the first one in Nov. 2005 :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:44 am 

I forgot to add that I found out that I had HSV-1 through a blood test in January 2007 and the tech told me that from Nov. 05- Jan 07 was more than enough window to rule out HSV2. She even treated it as no big deal saying . Everybody has HSV-1 especially if you've been kissing or doing the oral tango. Maybe I'm just freaking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:49 pm 

I'm too lazy to search thru your old posts sweetie - you had a + lesion culture for hsv1 at some point right? Or was it genital symptoms, a blood test that was + for hsv1 and when you started famvir you stopped having genital symptoms? Has your bf been tested too?

So you and your man haven't had sex for 2 1/2 years? Geez louise sweetie - and you wonder why you are feeling sad? I only go a year and no one can stand me!!! Why are you holding back? It's just herpes. You are letting this teensy weensy pesky virus keep you from having a complete and satisfying relationship with your man!!! On average hsv1 genitally sheds about 3-5% of days. So out of every 100 days that means you'd be contagious on average about 3 or 5 days. What are the chances that you'd have sex on one of those days?

This is your assignment for this weekend. Go buy a pint of ben and jerry's ( any flavor you like - this part is just to cheer you up!! ben and jerry's cures everything as far as I"m concerned ). Then go jump your man's bones!!! You both deserve it!! enough already - you've wasted way too much time living in fear over something that you shouldn't be fearful of!!

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 5:03 pm 

Thanks BetsyB,

Oh yeah Ben and Jerry's ( mmm mmm good )!!!!!! Cherry Garcia is classic , any chocolate flavor they have, banana split, willie nelson peach cobbler. This list goes on and on :D I thought I had a lesion culture when I found out in Nov. 2005 but the test I had didn't cover the herpes lesions. I did test positive for HSV 1 and negative for HSV 2. My boyfriend had the same results. We did the specific testing by blood. He has to work this weekend but next weekend we are free for fun if you know what I mean :lol: . He's never had genital symptoms which is why I worried.

He's a good guy so I called him and told him next weekend. He screamed so loud at work, his co-workers even started laughing.I also called my doctor and he said if anything breaks out again they will do a lesion culture just to be sure . he said the same thing . HSV1 everybody has it and give it a few years we all will be herpetic with 1,2, 3 any of them. :lol:

Thanks so much for taking the time out to help me BetsyB.!!!! You are a true angel!!!!!! :D

PS-I'm doing my homework assignment :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:04 pm 

cherry garcia....yummmmmmmmmyyyyyy!!!

Ok you have a week to plan and rest up :) Next monday there better be a smile on your face that it takes a month to wipe off or you'll have to come to my house and put up with me for a month as punishment - got it??? Trust m when I say you won't be smiling after a month living at my house...he he he

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 5 posts ]