ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:04 pm 

Hello All,

(2 years ago I had a troublesome situation then and freaked out for 4 months until the Herpes Select IGG Immunoblot came back negative for HSV2 and positive to HSV1. (And at 6 months same thing too.) A year ago my newer Ex had me take one and she did too. Same result.)

Well, I had *protected* sex with an another Ex yesterday morning (Saturday). Last night (Saturday) I had a lot of itching in my public area. Today (Sunday) I have red marks all over my pubic area. I mean like 8 red marks that itch. Pencil eraser size. Mid to upper pubic hair area. No blisters (yet).

Now, obviously I am freaking out.

Does it usually show up this fast????

I guess I am going to ask her to please take the Herpes Select 1&2 IGG Immunoblot test to she if she has HSV2.

I know I need to wait for my testing. How long should I wait?

Should I take the IgM to see if I have a new infection? How long to wait?

I am going to try and get into a doctor tomorrow and do a culture. But, I am sure that will be about impossible.

Help!

PS: My best friend just told me he had Herpes. At least I have someone to freak out about this in person and on the phone....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:53 pm 

Why such anxiety about herpes? Really you are allowing yourself to totally freak out about this instead of going to be seen and get examined to find out what is going on. It's so much more than just herpes out there - and I"m not talking what we usually think of as being std's either - there are tons of other bacterial and fungal infections that we all get easily from time to time too. No reason to panic and think that everything that goes on in your genital area has to be due to herpes.

Try to relax about this and go see your doctor tomorrow for an exam. Don't bother with the herpes igm blood test since even if it's + it still doesn't tell you diddly since it has such a high false positive rate it's a total waste of time.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:00 pm 
Site Admin

I hate to always mimic Betsy but "ditto", Traveldude. If the encounter was protected, its not terribly likely that herpes is the cause of your itching.

There are so many things that could cause irritation including (believe it or not) ANXIETY!

Also, it's recommended that you wait 12 to 16 weeks to get a reliable IgG test. See your doc and consider a chill pill. :D

Dharma

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:08 pm 

Well crap.

My HerpesSelect HSV2 IgG came back at a positive 6.0! Took the test on Wednesday 10/31.

I am still waiting for my culture. They did it Monday 10/29.

Obvioulsy, if my culture is positive then I definitely have HSV2. (If it was typed.)

So, it looks like I have had HSV2 for a while.

Does the 6.0 mean anyhting as far as time?

Could the blood test become positive in 4 days?

Thanks in advance for your respones.

TD

PS: If the culture is negative should I get the Western Blot?

Here are my past blood tests

1996-ish - 2 Western Blots were negative for HSV2 and positive for HSV1 (Dated a girls with typed HSV2 and I waited 4 months and 1 year.)

2004 - WB = Same

2005 - HerpesSelect HSV2 IgG = Negative

01/2006 - HerpesSelect HSV1 IgG = Positive
- HerpesSelect HSV2 IgG = Negative

06/2006 - HerpesSelect HSV2 IgG = Negative

10/2007 - HerpesSelect HSV2 IgG = POSITIVE

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]