ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 2:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Woman to woman?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:41 am 

After about a week of painful urination and itching, I went to the doctor. Right away the doctor said herpes. I am female with a female partner. I have never been with a man and this is my second relationship with a woman. I know that my girlfriend has slept with men and women in the past, but I asked her to get checked out before we became really intimate (she was fine!). So, where did this come from? Is it really unheard of and almost improbabale to have woman to woman tranmission, especially with a negative STD panel? I can't seem to find a lot of information out there on this subject.
Also, when is it really OK to have sex again? I keep reading that it is when there are no more sores, but how do you really know when they are all gone?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:26 pm 
i am sure a more educated person will reply soon.. but the problem is... was your partner truly tested for a full panel of std's??? seems they do not routinely test for herpes! absolutely crazy but true.
Hope this helps in the mean time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:49 am 

How were you diagnosed as having herpes sfchick? Did they only do a visual exam or did they also do blood work and/or a lesion culture? Finding out if you have hsv1 or hsv2 is a good idea - for multiple reasons.

As Sam already pointed out - are you sure your partner was tested for herpes? Most of the time when we ask for std testing - we are only getting 2 or 3 tests done whether we are aware of that or not. I recommend she ask the clinic she was last tested at to give her a copy of what she was tested for so that you know if she was or not. If she wasn't tested before - she'll need a type specific herpes igg blood test herself to see what her status is.

Chances are good that this is hsv1 genitally since you are a lesbian but it could also be hsv2 since your partner is bisexual. Finding out who has what will help you two decide what treatments you want to pick - if any even.

I know this is rather late into things but how are you healing? Hopefully you went thru prior posts to get more info on how to make yourself more comfortable. Let us know how else we can help you!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]