ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: discharge
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:14 pm 

What is vaginal discharge with herpes usually like? I've had more discharge recently and today I found some of the discharge stuck together...almost like it was gooey (but light/white-ish in color).

Is that herpes consistent.

Post subject: Re: Discharge
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:52 am 

jabele,
I too have experienced a clear whitish discharge with my herpes when i had an outbreak. It could be a sign of a yeast infection because mine was and the doctor prescribed me some medication. I suggest that you make an appointment with your doctor/gyno.

I hope this helps you.

danielle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:51 am 

Usually discharge with a herpes ob is on the clear side. If you are having a discharge that is unusual for you - it's best to go be seen by your doctor to find out what is going on. It can be yeast, bacterial or even just normal discharge from irritation. Getting properly tested is the best idea since women on average only correctly diagnose their own vaginitis about 1/3 of the time. Your doctor can examine your vaginal secretions under the microscope and do some simple tests on it to figure out quickly what is most likely going on.

Just sucks to be a gal sometimes :(

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]