ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: scared please help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am 

Well...I am almost 40 have never had an STD and now I am frantically searching for answers. After sex on Monday (this week) I ended up with a sore spot on my vagina. On Tuesday it turned into a single small blister. It is not red, doesn't itch or anything. No burning or any other symptoms. The blister has almost healed now and it's only Friday. I am scheduled for a herpes test tommorrow but have been bugged about this since it happened because it happened the same way two weeks ago exactly the same way. always seems to be the next day after sex and then it all heals in about 4 days. I'm scared because I have never had anything and the only reason I think I may now is because my ex boyfriend told me he had cheated on me and the girl he was with has herpes. Anyone have the same symptoms as me? I have researched this and except for the single blister I wouldn't think I had it. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:31 pm 

It doesn't take infidelity for herpes to show up well into a relationship. It's really not as easy to transmit as many folks think it is. Also you can transmit hsv1 from the oral area to the genital area thru oral sex.

What kind of herpes testing are you going for tomorrow?

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:10 pm 

betsyb1967 is right.

I contracted Herpes Simplex 1 and it started out just like your symptoms.
Doctors shook it off as a yeast infection but I knew something else was going on. I was relieved to find out what was causing my issues because then I could attack it straight on. I'm not sure what test you are going for but the best move you made was to see your doc.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]