ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:25 pm 

Good Evening,
I have had several episodes of hard painful blood filled lumps genitally for at least 2 years. the lesions are usually located on the labia minora. There is one lesion most of the time but in November I had 2. I went to the OB GYN back in April and asked her to evaluate the lesion I had. It wad already healed enough that a culture could not be done. I had another "OB" in November and labs came back negative for hsv2 and positive for antibodies to hsv1. I have a long history of oral cold sores since childhood. How accurate is the Igg? Is there any way this is genital hsv? It is my understanding that it is very unlikely that i have hsv1 genitaly since I have a long standing oral hsv1 infection. I DO feel like a walking biohazard. I am raising a three year old and am scred to touch her or change/wipe her after going potty. The other day I went to the bathroom, wiped after urinating and then helped her wipe after she went to the potty in her little potty chair. I then freaked because I didnt wash my hands before wiping her. I have no sex life because my husband is not interested anymore. I cant deal with this worry anymore. I have spoken to the obgyn , a therapist, my pcp , and the er doc. I think I may be losing my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 am 

Herpes igg blood testing is accurate when enough time has passed. It sounds like your testing was done long enough after you started having symptoms to be trusted.

Herpes lesions typically are not hard to the touch nor are they blood filled. Have they popped any of these to send for MRSA culture?

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]