ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:06 pm 

If I have gential HSV 1, can I still get it in my face from kissing the partner who infected me in the boxer short area to begin with? I cannot believe I managed to avoid getting HSV 1 in my face for 37 years, and now I got it below the belt. My blood test shows no antibodies so this is a new infection. unbelievable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 5:36 pm 

Unfortunately unless you get an obvious cold sore to know that you also contracted hsv1 orally, no way to know if you only have it genitally or if you also contracted it orally around the same encounter. A good percentage of folks who contract hsv1 genitally also contract it orally around the same time. Most folks who have hsv1 orally, aren' t getting obvious cold sores to know it. However if you didn't also contract it orally , it's not likely that now you'll contract it orally because your body is creating protection from it happening from your genital hsv1 infection.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]