ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:30 am 

Over the last four years I have had mild outbreaks (about twice a year) and symptoms which may be Herpes related. A couple yeast infections on my penis and irritation around my urethra opening. Some irritation in the crease between my buttocks and thighs. But, the most frustrating thing is the irritation of the papillae on the tip of my tongue. This irritation and redness never goes away on my tongue. I have been on HSV 1 suppressive therapy for over two years. When I experience an "OB" I have tried 5 - 800 mg Acyclovirs per day for several weeks or 2 - 800 mg Valtrex per day......(I took 163 Acyclovirs in 35 days in March, all I got was a horrible yeast infection) My symptoms do not appear to be altered by the use of either one of these drugs. However, I continue to take them on the advice of now three different physicians. (I've also been to a Urologist and a dentist about my mouth.) And my issues seem to be getting worse not better especially in my mouth. I had a 7 panel STD test in March of 2009 all results were negative exception HSV 1 aB IgG was >5.00 H and positive. The HSV 2 test was a IgG <0.90. I have not had a culture. As alot of people in these forums say: I am very frustrated and at my wits end. I don't have a clue what to do next. Please help and thank you for all the support you give to everyone here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2009 2:51 pm 

I get the same papillae on the tip of my tongue about every three weeks and along with them comes these odd white patches. They started appearing when I tested pos for HSV 1 about four months ago. I always figured they were related, but of course, my doctors say they aren't. I had them swabbed once and they aren't HSV, but I never had them before the diagnosis. Interested to see what you find out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:00 pm 

This does not sound at all like a herpes problem.

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:34 pm 

I was thinking. Maybe our symptoms are a side effect of the Acyclovir? The red tip of the tongue is the liver in chinese medicine. And, the Acyclovir is filtered through the liver. Just a thought...

Post subject: It's not Herpes
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:30 am 

thank you for your responses......I have another question regarding diagnosis: I live in rural area and I have exhausted my local resources. Is there a directory of health care providers that specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of STI's. I think I may have contracted HSV 1 genitally which I understand is rare; however, in addition to the urethra irritation and pappilae, I have small itchy raised bumps (not blisters) surrounding my urethra. This has been going on for the better part of four years. I'd just like to find a physician that would be able to put an end to this mystery. Thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 3:26 pm 

Hsv1 genitally is not remotely rare - in fact it's the cause of 1/3 of all newly acquired genital herpes infections overall. That said, your symptoms don't sound like hsv1 genitally either. Hsv1 genitally tends not to reoccur very often and your symptoms don't sound like herpes.

Continue to follow up on this with a dermatologist if your regular doctor is stumped.

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 pm 

I know this post is somewhat old, but I just wanted to reply with saying that I am having the same symptoms too. About 17 days after me giving oral sex to a male, I showed three red areas form at the tip of my tongue, with sometimes a white substance around them as well. They did not hurt and lasted 3 days. About a month later, they showed up again at the same spots, no pain. A week from that date, it showed up a third time, same spots though this time I went to the doc that same day and he said it was a "stress ulcer" but that he could not rule out herpes since i told him about oral sex....but he didn't think it was herpes in his opinion. THough, the next day, my gums got swollen, as well as my tongue...but the sores were still in the same spot so no extra sores anywhere. This lasted about 8 days this time, accompanied by a bad headache three of the days, which I believe to be from stressing out over this. There were no swollen lymph nodes either. Also, my eyes burned whenever they got wet during thsi time, which I believed I moved this virus to my eyes when I put my contacts in. Went to the eye dr two days later who told me she did not see anything like lesions or herpes in my eyes but that she saw two dry spots which was probably from the contacts or maybe me scraping my eye with my nails. The eye burning lasted 10 days. The sores went away but kept coming back throughout the month...and the sores "spread" to the sides of the tongue as well.

I was also tested for herpes at 9/10 weeks post exposure....which came out negative. I'm wondering if this was a false negative or if this really is herpes. Has anybody been cultured to see if their symptoms were herpes in the mouth or have any other information about this? Also, a sidenote, I do have ulcerative colitis which my family has been telling me the sores are from this...but i'm not sure since they never happened before and I've had this disease for three years already.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:29 am 

kaoticblue...we've discussed your issue over and over again on medhelp. Let's keep it to one forum. thanks!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 8 posts ]