ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2009 4:14 pm 

Okay, it's been a little over a year since I was diagnosed (visually, culturally, and then with the IgG specific) with GHSV2. I never had the flu-like symptoms that is talked about with ob's with my initial ob, and with the successive mini-ob's after.
I have been on ST (acycolvir) for about a year now; with a few times that I've missed a day/two. This last time, I missed a couple days, started feeling itchy (turns out I also have a yeast infection), then the tingly/prodrome, and then last night/today, have been hit with flu-like symptoms. Scratchy throat, body/head-aches, but no fever.
Do those with the flu-like symptoms during an ob usually get them every time, or is it one of those things that always changes...? Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't...? I just feel like cr@$. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:51 am 

Sounds more like you have caught either the flu or some sort of respiratory illness . it's that time of the year.

the flu like symptoms associated with herpes are typically only with a newly acquired infection, not with recurrences.

Hope you are feeling better soon :)

betsy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:51 pm 

ahhhhh...! I'm not sure if that's good news, or bad news...! lol :?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]