ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Mutual Masterbation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:51 am 

I"m newly dx and have read alot of information that makes things confusing. Can you help me out some? Can your bf get herpes on his hand? Only if there are sores? Is it easy to catch herpes if your partner is wearing a condom? I have had herpes for a few years i believe and didn't know it. I never had an outbreak that i knew of until after i tested postive. type 1.

Post subject: Re: Mutual Masterbation
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:10 pm 

what testing did you have done?

has your partner been tested yet?

You can get herpes on the hand but generally the skin there is too thick for the virus to easily penetrate. anytime your partner has open wounds on the hands, dry cracked hands or open cuticles they should avoid manually stimulating you until they heal.

condoms reduce the risk of transmission by 30-40%.

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:13 pm 

They did a culture when they we doing a test for bv. I didn't think I have any sores?? But we also did blood test to see what type. and it said type 1.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:15 pm 

I had 2 partner after I got out of a 3 year relationship. 1 guy i seen for 3 months and we didn't use protection and he is negative I was there for his results. and the other guy tested negative too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:29 pm 

was the lesion culture hsv1+ or just + for hsv and the blood test was hsv1+?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:45 am 

blood test typing was for type 1. there culture they did was for herpes and came back isolated and they typed that too and type 1. Its all kinda weird that I have had this for years i guess and didn't know it. Then i have an outbreak testing positve like 4 weeks later. So as long as you have no lesions mutual masterbation is fine right?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:49 am 

It's not unusual for the first ob to occur on our cevix and we don't realize it. Since hsv1 reoccurs so infrequently on average, it can be years in between recurrences even.

Does your partner know their own hsv status?

Yes, mutual masturbation without obvious lesions is ok. A partner shouldn't masturbate you though if they have open wounds on their hands, dry cracked skin on their hands or open bitten cuticles in general. The normal bacteria in the genital area isn't always so normal when it gets into open wounds.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:01 pm 

I currently am not sexually active with anyone. I'm dating someone new and know if things get serious I have to tell him. I'm very nervious about this!!!!! my two last sexual partners i told and they test negative. So all i think is i got it from my x boyfriend i have for 2 years. we broke up like 9 months ago. I had someone call n tell im to get tested and pretended to b from the health department bc it was a bad break up.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:10 pm 

you probably will never figure out who and when you got it from. Even the best blood tests still miss 1 out of every 10 hsv1 infections so they aren't always helpful. What's important to know if what you have and where and what any future partner's status is.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:54 pm 

Do you find alot of people run when they hear that? I'm scared i'll let someone in trust them and they will tell everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:47 pm 

In over 20 years of talking about my hsv2 with partners, I've only ever had 2 decide the risk was too much. Most of my friends with herpes haven't even been turned down that often. It's really not the deal breaker most folks assume it is until they have a good reason to educate themselves on it :)

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 11 posts ]