ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:48 pm 

I was recently diagnosed with hsv1&2.. my herpes select Igg test numbers were 5.0 and 4.98 repectively... I for the life of me cannot remember having any sort of a lesion or breakout in my genital area. are these numbers represenitive of the length of time ive been infected? Ive been in a relationship for two years and have never been with anyone else but her in that time.... she has never made mention of any sores and was actually tested earlier in the year when she became pregnant.. she tested negative for stds.. is it possible for me to have this and not to of infected her?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:50 am 

Most folks who have hsv have no idea they have it until they get tested. No way to know when you contracted it and from whom by the blood test results. Yes indeed it's not only possible but probable that if you had hsv2 prior to meeting your partner that you didn't transmit it to her.

Your partner probably wasn't tested for herpes during pregnancy. She'll need to call monday and find out if she was or not. Is she still pregnant or did she have the baby?

Once your partner confirms her status, discuss together what precautions you want to take together. The herpes handbook at www.westoverheights.com is a good resource if you need more than just the herpes info on the main asha site.

keep asking questions!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]