ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:10 pm 

So my local planned parenthoods won't test for herpes unless you have an outbreak bc it costs alot. They said it's like opening pandoras box and there isn't much you can do about having it. and that 1 out 4 people have it. So if i want my partner to be tested he has to go to his doctors bc my health dept doesn't do it either.... THIS IS WRONG! why should i care if no one else seems too. BUT I DO CARE!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:45 pm 

Your bf can call his regular provider and ask them to order up a type specific herpes igg blood test for him. Tell him to let them know that his partner is hsv1+ and he needs to know his status.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:59 pm 

thats crap though! they say they do but they won't. the guy i'm interested in was being good and going to get tested before we did anything. I am going to tell him my status but I wanted to have him checked first. ugh i guess not!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2010 11:54 pm 

The clinic at my work won't test either unless you have "visible" symptoms. My doctor won't order the test either..the only reason she ordered the blood test for me over a year ago was because I was going to her every couple of weeks with "symptoms" and she wanted to show that I did not have it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:16 pm 

thats rediculious! i work at a hiv clinic and we will test for whatever the patient wants. Yearly we test for chlamydia, gonorrhea, and syphillus. N if someone wanted a herpes test w would do it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:15 pm 

I made a comment at my clinic once that I thought it was AWFUL that when you go in to get tested for STDs, that Herpes isn't automatically tested for, you have to specifically request it. The PA's response was that she won't do it, b/c all it tells you is whether or not you have Herpes. UM, HELLO??? Good to know I'm not the only one who thinks its CRAP that Herpes isn't automtically tested for!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]