ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:33 am 

I developed a prodrome on my backside (only area of outbreak I've ever seen) yesterday and started acyclovir. :cry: It's been two years since my last outbreak.

Our grandchild is due to be born in 3 weeks. However, I'm very anxious about going to visit when the baby is born (they live in another part of the country), because the virus is so destructive the first 6 weeks of life. Obviously, I'd be clothed, I know. I should add that I've had persistent exzema on my right hand that gets worse in winter and it bad right now, so I'm concerned about possible infection of my hand and that being a route of transmisson.

I'm tempted to stay away til the little guy is 6 weeks old. Am I being unreasonable?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:34 am 

this really isn't an issue and there's no reason not to visit your grandchild :)

Your ob on your buttocks isn't an issue for holding the baby.

Having a well established infection, you aren't likely to transmit it to your hand at this point either. If you are concerned due to the eczema issues, use your left hand for wiping and washing your genital area/buttocks area.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]