ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Spoke to clinic doctor
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:34 pm 

So I spoke to the work clinic doctor about my doctor's refusal to test me. He said he does not recommend testing for Herpes unless there is an outbreak because if I were to test positive on a blood test, he wouldn't be able to tell me where the HSV was shedding from. He stated that he has had oral cases of HSV 2, cases where HSV 2 has been on the finger, cases where HSV 2 was on the cheek. He then proceeded to ask how that information would change my life and my relationship and wanted me to really think about it before requesting a blood test with no symptoms. I told him that due to the fact that I am a hypochodriac, I wanted to get tested so that I "knew" I didn't have it. He said that if I had anything that I was concerned was Herpes, to go and see him and he would tell me whether it was Herpes or something else. I guess I was expecting him to want to test me or point me in the direction of a testing center, so his response caught me off guard. He is a great doctor and I trust him completely so now I'm not sure what to do. I thought a once a year HSV test would be a good thing just to prove to myself that I am in fact negative still.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 12:35 pm 

ifyou want tested, ask to get it done.

not many folks have hsv2 orally or even on their fingers. your provider I think was just trying to talk you out of it.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]