I have some venting I need to do... sorry... but I just need to....
1) Why is it okay for people with herpes in their mouth, NOT TO HAVE TO TELL THEIR PARTNERS?????? It is acceptable for them to not, yet it isn't acceptable for someone who has it in the genital region to not tell. HUH... WHAT? People that have it in their mouth can just as easily pass it on to someone by kissing them or giving oral sex!!!! Which is how I got gHSV1.... I never had any Herpes... and well... got it from oral sex... NICE....
2) Since it is tagged as an "STD" why isn't it in the normal STD workups???
3) Since the medical field basically looks at Herpes as a pimple on the ass of humanity in respect to other STD's and well other diseases and viruses in general. Why is such a big deal made out of it? For the most part, and there are rare cases where it flourishes into more. HELL, more people die from the flu virus each year than people have complications from Herpes!!!! (of course I don't have data on this, but I am SURE if this was such a horrible "disease" we would have heard horrible stories about what Herpes has done)
4) Why is there so much WRONG information about it on the internet and hell, even doctors give out wrong information!!!!! I need to learn NOT TO GOOGLE... it makes me more sad, mad, angry, depressed ... you name it, I go through it.
5) In June 2009 I had the whole world available to me, now.... I feel like I am alone and more importantly... a dirty individual who is tainted. I am so mad..... I mad at the world. Yes, it has almost been a year (or so) but I have not handled this well due to the stigma that society has put on having Herpes on my genitals versus on my lip!!!!!
5) I don't ever feel like I will be able to have sex again... mentally it is a big issue... I haven't had sex since this started because I just can't handle the thought of being "dirty".
Thanks for listening... I just needed to vent to people I know understand what I am going through.