ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: herpes whitlow
PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 11:13 pm 

I was just told about herpes whitlow. I have no clue as to what this is. Can you help?

Post subject: Re: herpes whitlow
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:07 am 

it's a herpes infection of the hand/fingers. how did they diagnose you? is it hsv1 or hsv2?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:46 am 

I was diagnosed with hsv2 about 2 years ago. Was checked again this year just to make sure. I have a break out mainly when I am under any kind of stress. I take Valtrex daily, 1000mg daily. I still break out every once in a while usually stress related. I also have the hsv1 (cold sore) once a year maybe but it still is related to stress. I have had these red spots on my hands every once in a while but years ago a dermatologist took a biopsy and said I was alergic to metal.

Until recently the gentleman I am dating seen this and I have never heard of it. We are working together and it is nice that he didn't walk out the door and is interested still. He went and was checked to make sure that he does not have it. So we are working together to understand and have a wonderful relationship. When this was brought to my attention and I tried to find out more info - as usual it dosen' give enough to understand. Now I am wondering if this is not just an allergic reation but part of hsv2?

I really thought I had done enough researc on the subject that I can be truthful to myself and anyone else. Guessed wrong.

Now it seems that all of herpes. Sometimes it makes you feel ????????????? This wonderful man is still here and willing to keep working with the problem. It is to soon to take chances and I really would like to make sure I am telling him things corectly.

Thank You for always being there with the answers and just being there,
Babbs

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:17 pm 

So you don't have whitlow, you were just wondering if perhaps what is on your hands is whitlow and not the metal allergy? Do I have that right?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 4:15 pm 

Yes I am.. Is there a possability and shoul I have it checked out?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:15 pm 

you had a biopsy of your hands that showed a metal allergy. No reason to doubt that :)

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]