ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:18 pm 

Hell Betsy its me again...just had a quick question about symptoms and testing. Just to recap... i had protected sex with a woman (using it loosly) who is HSV + (wont tell which type) in Sep 2008. Never had a blister or symptom. Around Aug of 09 I started having intermittent itchy/achy groin thing going on. Got tested Sep of 09 and both HSV's IGG were pretty low and not positive. Question. Can a person have the virus for this long and it be dormant in my body which is why my body hasnt made any antibodies for it (thus the negative test). I keep getting the intermittent achy/itchy, groin/anus (with no rash, redness or blisters). Or could the first test have been a false negative? I really dont want to go through the hassle and embarassment of another test. Last thing....I was in a relationship with a woman for about three months and we started out with protection and quickly did away with condoms after we both showed our negative tests. She has not had any symptoms and said she was recently (feb 21) tested before surgery. Is that too soon to tell? We had sex from the beginning of Jan thru the end of Feb then broke up. I'm curious if I have something going on and it's not HSV. I've had the symptoms since Aug 09....or is this just a psychological thing that I cant let go of (in your humble opinion of course).

Thanks for your patience!

Joe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:51 pm 

just itching is usually fungal and not herpes especially if it lasts a long time.

your tests are negative, really no reason to repeat them .

betsy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:48 am 

Follow up on original question. I feel like I'm chasing the itching (no redness or bumps/blisters). Sometimes its in the groin area and sometimes its in my butt (like a hemorrhoid) I put a little hydrocortizone 2% on it and it goes away then is in a diff spot. I posted back in Aug that the time this started, I noticed some little bumps on my penis and the PA said it was skin tags. Are the HPV symptoms the same as what I'm having coupled with the little bumps? My ex wife was diagnosed with HPV while we were married. What HPV test, if any, are available for men and what Dr. should I go to...Derm...Urologist...etc. I read about using a vinegar solution as a test. thanks. If you wish I will move my post to the HPV forum.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:35 pm 

hydrocortisone won't help with a fungal infection. have you been seen when you have the anal symptoms to see if it is a hemorrhoid issue?

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]