ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 10:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: I need advice!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:39 pm 

I need help and advice! I recently got a blood work done and I was tested positive HSV 1 IGG HErpesselect AB 4.31. I am worried and concerned about this. Even though I was informed that this is not serious STD and that is for life, me and my fiance are worried. Many questions have come up, what are the risks regarding health? Can I get pregnant? Would my baby come out healthy? Is there any cure for this? If i have HSV 1 can I also in the future have HSV 2?

Post subject: Re: I need advice!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:12 pm 

what caused you to get tested?

has your partner been tested yet?

betsy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:32 pm 

well, I have to sincere my last Ob check up was about a year ago. I just decided that I needed to get checked. That is the reason why I got tested because I asked to be tested for everything.

My partner was checked about 7months ago he got checked and everything came out normal. I have not cheated on my fiance, so thats why am confused as to how I got it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:01 am 

Just double check to see if your partner was actually tested for herpes. It's not a part of routine std testing. Odds are you were never tested for it before this either.

You have no reason from what you've posted to assume your hsv1 is anywhere but oral. it's incredibly common and depending on your age, 1 out of every 2-3 have it whether they get obvious cold sores to know it or not. http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_le ... herpes.cfm is a link to terrific reading on oral herpes for you and your partner to learn more.

this is not a std. it is not something you cheated on your partner to acquire.

keep asking questions!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]