ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Test results
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:26 pm 

Hello, i am new to this site. I have been having pain and burning off and on in my private area for about 10 months. I have had a couple bumps, but mostly just a burning sensation. It is now so frequent that happens every week/every other week. I have been to the doctor many times. I had one blood test 8 months ago and the results were:
Igg hsv1/2 1.40
Igg hsv 1 less than 0.91
Igg hsv 2 less than 0.91
What does this mean? My doctor was even stumped and will not re-run the test. I have also had lots of swabs and they have all been negative. I am convinced that is herpes, but my doctor does not seem to think so, because I don't have classic symptoms. What do you think? Ps I have been married for 6 years and my husband has no symptoms. Also the test was ran through Labcorp. Any insight would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: Test results
PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:27 pm 

Your hsv igg's are negative. You also had negative swabs. definitely time to think something other than herpes going on.

are you getting tested properly for yeast and bacterial infections too when you are seen?

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:58 pm 

Yes and the doctor reports that there were no bacteria. Good or bad. They are trying to treat the problem with yeast infection medication. I will let you know if it works. I was mainly concerned about the blood test saying igg hsv 1/2 over the value of 1. Doesn't that mean it is positive? I am so confused about all of this. Thanks for any clarification.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:45 pm 

If there's no yeast present, no reason to treat for yeast. sometimes it will work only because it's actually the moisturizer from the base the medication is in is what you really need.

have you googled vulvodynia at all yet?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:10 pm 

My symptoms match that description, but I also have leg pain on the same side as the pain. I just want it to stop whatever it is because it is affecting every aspect of my life. I am still confused about the IGG HSV1/2 numbers. What does that mean. Should I be retested? I just want to rule out everything so I can get treatment. Whatever the diagnosis may be. Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:28 am 

perhaps what is causing your leg pain is contributing to the other issues? have you followed up on that with your doctor/neurologist/orthopedic?

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 10:39 am 

The pain in my leg and groin is an achey feeling. The pain is no longer just in my privates it is now on my bottom. I don't have rash or anything I can see or feel, but just burning. It hurts to sit. The pain is not as bad if I am laying down, but still there. What could this be? I am suffering. I am taking lots of supplements. I eat healthy and exercise. No smoking and an occasional glass of wine. Why does This come and go so frequently. I am only getting a 2-4day break in the pain at a time. I just want this agony to end? Any advice would be great. I have been to may doctors with no answers. I am still unclear about my first herpes test? Could you please explain about the hsv 1/2 results? When the hsv1-neg and hsv2-neg, why did the 1/2 have a higher score in the positive range? What does that mean? Please help me I am desperate.

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 11:47 am 

you need to follow up on this for non-herpes reasons now to find out what is going on.

grace

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 12:28 pm 

I have tried!! I am in a rural area and i think the doctors here got their training in a back alley somewhere. I am just seeking answers. I don't know where else to turn.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 11:20 am 

I don't want you to think I was being sassy. I have just asked the doctors all these questions about herpes and they seem to be clueless. Could I be having the onset of outbreak that develops a bump that goes away without being a sore? I just get this horrible burning either in my privates or on my bottom. A couple of times I have gotten a bump. Most of the time only redness or even nothing at all. My leg and hand also becomes achey. I just want to ask someone who actually has experience with the subject. Could this be herpes? I have another doctor appointment in a couple of weeks
and I want to be armed with information. Thanks, all of these symptoms are on the left side of my body.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:20 pm 

I would consider the leg pain separate from the genital issues for the most part. sciatica is pretty common. your herpes tests are negative so time to stop thinking herpes as a cause of it all.

betsy

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 6:45 pm 

I am really trying, but no one can figure out what is wrong with me. I just wish it would stop. I wouldnt care what it is l just want some relief. Thanks for replying back. Sorry to be a pest.

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 8:11 pm 

From the been there, done that files, I understand your frustration about not having someone being able to say ok well this is being caused by this and we'll do this to make it better. I wish I had something more to add but you've pretty much ruled out herpes at this point so it's time to stop thinking herpes is involved in this.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 7:52 am 

Ok new topic, my daughter woke up this morning with a huge scab in the corner of her mouth. She had complained of her mouth hurting but I didn't see anything last night. Should I take her to the doctor? I assume it is oral herpes. My mom and grandma are long time sufferers and they smooch her all the time. How do I keep her from spreading it. Thanks

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:49 am 

Can I use abreva on her she is only four?

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next