ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Test results
PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 10:45 am 

abreva is over priced and does little for cold sores. she woke up with a scab so it's not likely it's a cold sore.

treat this as chapped lips more than anything. drooling while sleeping can cause it in the corner of her mouth. just some lip balm or good ole vaseline usually works.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 11:01 am 

You are the best. Thank you for the quick responses you are a life saver. I keep her home from school today oops. Well I hope it's just a weird fluke. I will put lip balm on it and see if it helps. Thanks again.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 5:03 pm 

I just got home from work and it looks worse, it's about the size on a pencil eraser and it bright red and scabby, it looks a little oozing. I think it is a cold sore what should I do for the little lady. I don't want her to spread it!

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 6:24 pm 

I am really freaking out, she now has a itchy bump on her bottom. Is it possible that she has spread it? Can she get herpes on her bottom from
this? I don't know what to do. Do you have kids? What would you do? She has had itchy bumps on her bottom in the past and they don't turn into sores. They just go away. I am just freaking out I guess, because of the huge sore on her mouth.

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 8:36 pm 

she's very unlikely to spread oral herpes to other body parts.

If you are concerned, call her pediatriciain in the morning. odds are these aren't anything particularly worrisome going on. kids get rashes a lot.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2