ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: just found out
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:04 pm 

Im new just find out last week was having my pap an she asked me did i want the test never had a ob I have both types type 1 6.02 an type 2 11.30 what does these numbers mean my doc didnt recommend any kind of meds i want to know should I be on anything and I have a 9year old we share a bathroom could i give this to him? will I have an ob soon how do you know when an ob coming howlong could I have had this and not know ?I have only been with two people one I did oral on him but he didnt do me and we used a condom the other who is most recent we used a condom be we did oral on each other and kissed can I pass this on to my son by kissing him on th cheek? can pass this on by kissing on the mouth? I havnt told either person yet but I am real soon I just dont know how any suggestions on how?

Post subject: Re: just found out
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:00 pm 

your child is not at risk for your herpes because you share a bathroom. everyone in a household should have their own towel, washcloth, toothbrush and razor - many common germs are transmitted through sharing those. http://www.ashastd.org/herpes/herpes_le ... herpes.cfm has terrific info on oral herpes.

if you've never been tested for herpes before, no way to know when you were infected. it could've been the very first person you had sex with or one of your recent partners. if either of these are still a partner, discuss your test results so they can get tested to know what precautions to take from this point forward.

there is a terrific patient counseling video at www.westoverheights.com and also the free herpes handbook is there too. if your provider didn't give you the valtrex packet with the video in there, be sure to watch it if you have high speed internet access.

betsy

Post subject: Re: just found out
PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 5:12 pm 

Thanks the website helped alot

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]