ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm 

Hi Betsy,

You always tell me that there is no risk of my son catching herpes from me. Is that because he has to come into contact with my affected skin? If that were the case I could put this all to rest, because I know that is never going to happen. Also when you speak of the boxer short area, does that mean wearing a swimsuit could be a risk?

Thank you as always for your insight!!

Post subject: Re: Question?
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:16 pm 

unless they are having intimate contact with you, they are not at risk for your herpes. we do not have that sort of contact EVER with our children.

no, wearing a bathing suit isn't an issue.

you shed from the anogenital area, not the entire boxer short area.

betsy

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:42 pm 

bathing and diaper changing seems like pretty intimate contact to me. Is it that he would need to come into contact with my affected area?

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 5:28 pm 

what is anogenital?

Thanks again Betsy!

PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2010 6:11 am 

intimate contact as in sexual contact dear. diaper changes are not sexual contact.

yes he would have to be in contact with your genital area to get herpes from you. As I said, we NEVER have this sort of contact with our children.

anogenital is the genital and anal area.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:17 pm 

Hi Betsy,

Just to confirm, he would need to come into contact with my genital area to get herpes from me. That means he cannot get it from my hands or anything else that may come into contact with my genital area like a towel.

If this is true then I will be the happiest person in the world. :-)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 11:41 am 

Hi Betsy,

Did you see my follow up question? I know what your going to tell me, but I really need to see it in print. :-)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 2:55 pm 

Hi Betsy,

Could you please confirm that in order for my son to get herpes from me he would have to come into contact with my genital area. Could he get it from my hands or any object that came into contact with my genital area like a towel? Please respond.

Thank you in advance!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 3:49 pm 

Please do not continue to ask me to repeat myself over and over again. I've tried to be patient with you about it but it really is taking advantage of me. I've answered your questions already.

betsy

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:14 pm 

I am definitily not trying to take advantage of you Betsy! I appreciate all your support and patience. Living with this much anxiety is very challenging and everytime you respond to my questions it makes it a little easier. I do not rememeber you telling me that he will not get herpes from my hands or anything that has touched my genital area, just that we do not have that sort of contact with our children. I write this with tears rolling down my face because I feel like I have upset you and all I wanted was some black and white answers. If you could reassure me one more time I will try not to bother you anymore.

Thank you!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]