ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Itching
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 2:45 pm 

Both my husband and I have herpes, although it is unclear how we got it. We were both diagnosed about 6 months ago. My original OB was pretty bad, and my husbands was pretty mild, however, he broke out quite frequently. I got started on acyclovir 400mg twice a day pretty quickly and was taking suppressive therapy. The problem is, ever since the first OB, I have had crazy itching! I have been all over the forum looking for advice/solutions etc, but the itching continues! Also, my vaginal discharge has changed completely. I have one spot that also seems to be a constant open sore, although it is not a round sore, like when I have an OB, but a small line. My husband also has had itching.

My husband is from another country and was home about a month ago. He went to a doctor there and got a prescription for Flucazone 150mg, two tabs, once. After he took the Flucazone, he was OB free for more than 4 months. He just had a small OB, but it healed very quickly. He was also able to get a prescription for me (hehe). I took the two tabs and within two days, my open sore was healed, itching gone, vaginal discharge more or less normal. I had been very skeptical before taking the Flucazone, but it did help.

Now, about a month later, the itching has returned, along with the discharge. Except for the one month reprieve, I haven't been normal down there since I was diagnosed! Any ideas of what is going on or what I can do?

Post subject: Re: Itching
PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 4:14 pm 

you need to go and be seen and get proper testing done of your vaginal secretions. you likely either have yeast or a bacterial skin infection going on and it's returned.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]