ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 11:18 am 

betsy,

i know i ask a million questions! was wondering if a finger was likely to be able to transfer the virus when it's shedding if it doesn't have an active blister? my finger started tingling right after i put my contacts in and the next day my eyes are red, hurt and itchy...it was a finger that hadn't tingled before.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:40 pm 

why do you think you have herpes on your finger now?

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 2:50 pm 

the nerves in my palm get very sensitive, if i shake my hand they react, then my finger will tingle. i had a small pimple/blister on one of my fingers. but it went away before i could get a dr appt. usually it's just my left hand, so i put my contacts in with my right. now my middle finger on my right is tingling as well as my thumb. i used my thumb to put in my contact. i'm not a hypochondriac at all, but this is driving me nuts. i probably flossed or touched myself checking for blisters or washing, etc. before i knew about the oral/genital. i have had tingles before on my finger (closer to when i was diagnosed) but hoped they wouldn't come back. now they seem to come back weekly. and, my arm will usually hurt before.

i read fingers don't shed due to the skin being thick, so was wondering if i put the contact in when it was tingling if it could have spread the virus.

if we ever met you would realize i'm not crazy. the virus is making me totally nut!

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:49 pm 

you have no reason to think that you have transmitted the virus to your finger or any other body part. I think I've told you previously that all the things you've been attributing to your herpes probably aren't.

betsy

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 5:51 pm 

thanks again for being my voice of reason.

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 5:55 pm 

ok, so i did wake up with a blister on my thumb. i have a dr appt, but it tingled and there is a blister. i guess i've accepted that it's transmitted to my fingers. my question is how to keep it from spreading elsewhere. i know the skin doesn't shed since it's thick. can the virus be transmitted during the tingling/active stage of the finger? or is that still considered shedding?

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 11:28 am 

wait and see what this is going on. keep a bandaid on it.

betsy

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 1:41 pm 

oh, the wonderful waiting game...

the top of my head has been tingling and my eyes feel strange (tired, itchy), eyebrows are itchy and i have this odd sensation that they are "there".

i've been using gloves to put on my contacts as i don't know where the virus would shed from.

again, do u know if it's possible to shed from the fingers during prodrome or just when the blister is active?

i'm afraid to touch anything/anybody even with the bandaid.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:06 pm 

I still really think you have something different going on. you aren't going to transmit herpes to all these body parts and experience these sorts of sensations everywhere.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 4:18 pm 

thanks again betsy. i really hope you are right. i'll just wait for now.

i really do appreciate you listening and answering. i know it helps me and can bet it helps others to cope as well.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]