ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Apr 21, 2014 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Genital HSV2
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:45 pm 

When you have genital herpes you think that when you break out you break out on your genitals. I break out with 3 spots on my tail bone. Is this normal? Can you break out in other places? :?:

Also, I take 1000mg Valtrex daily and have had a break out for over 3 months. This does not really make sense in what I have read or been told. My GP upped the dose to 2000mg for 7 days and I still am broke out???? Any clue?? I will be going to a Dermatologist next.. :|
Very confused..

The test that I had taken on 8/5/09 showed HSV1 IGG 7.10 and HSV2 IGG 1.80

I appreciate all of you that take the time and effort to answer our questions. This is the only place that I know of that you can ask questions and at least get some answers or knowledge.

Thank you ever so much,
Babbs

Post subject: Re: Genital HSV2
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 am 

whatever is going on now, isn't due to herpes. sounds like you have a bacterial infection going on or some sort of dermatologist condition. even without treatment, a herpes lesion won't stick around for 3 months. following up on this with the dermatologist is the best course of action. all the valtrex in the world won't help heal it if it isn't due to herpes.

have you ever had a lesion culture of symptoms come back as hsv2+? was this the first time you were ever blood tested for herpes?

betsy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:22 am 

betsyb1967 wrote:
whatever is going on now, isn't due to herpes. sounds like you have a bacterial infection going on or some sort of dermatologist condition. even without treatment, a herpes lesion won't stick around for 3 months. following up on this with the dermatologist is the best course of action. all the valtrex in the world won't help heal it if it isn't due to herpes.

have you ever had a lesion culture of symptoms come back as hsv2+? was this the first time you were ever blood tested for herpes?

betsy

If a lesion culture is taking a swab sample - yes about 2 years ago. It came back with I have herpes and that is all I was told. Can't get the findings with out paying $50 because I moved over a year ago (out of state).

Yes this wast the first time I was ever bood tested for herpes.

My other thought and I don't know if it has anything to do with each other is that I have skin lupus. Since the break out is on my tail bone and kinda hard to see, I don't think that it is the same breakout. But it makes you just wonder. Lupus with the imune system and herpes a viral?? Just entering my thoughts. I will be seeing a Dermatologist tomorrow will let you know what I find out.

Thanks it is wonderful to have this site for all,
Babbs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:18 pm 

Ok so no reason to doubt your low hsv2 igg result then since you've had a + lesion culture in the past ( even though it wasn't typed ).

like I said, whatever is going on right now, it's not your herpes flaring up. let us know how the trip to the dermatologist goes.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]