ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 1:57 pm 

So yeah, I gotta get on with things and as we all know, no one looks forward to "the talk". So I'm going bypass that and try positive singles or whatever is best. I'm wondering if anyone has any input this or can lead me to the best situation.

I'm really trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm about to publicly post my problem to the world with photos of me. Is there a site that is perhaps more private than the others? It seems if the service is free, anyone can go on and search around.

Has anyone had good/bad experiences that they would like to talk about?

Thanks, J

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:17 pm 

Hopefully others can chime in too on this but I'll add my 2 cents.

I live in the middle of nowhere so when I tried joining a few , there wasn't anyone near me. you living in a big city have a much better chance of finding people in your area on them. You have to join to see pix but of course anyone who is bored can join to see if they know anyone with herpes which is a drawback. You don't have to post a photo either though I think in general most folks assume if you didn't post a photo it's because something is 'wrong' with you. I think many folks though who are serious about dating online will be fine with you putting on your profile that you will provide a photo on request. It never bothered me to have mine on since I'm very open about my herpes and it doesn't bother me plus I've found it increases the responses you get to your add. Also in this day and age of everyone googling everyone, if you truly want to keep it private, chose a different email addy to use for it and a nickname you don't usually use. if your regular email is budthestud3@xmail.net and you use "budthestud3" as your nickname, pretty easy to find your posts online if someone googles your email addy. Just a suggestion if you are really concerned about people finding out you have herpes.

I ended up finding my current partner on a regular dating site. he got tested for herpes and found out he had hsv2 and never knew it. It's been doubly perfect for me - found a good guy plus he just happens to have herpes. makes it easier for the both of us. Most of my partners though have been hsv2 negative when I dated them and they stayed that way. I never limited myself to hsv2+ partners since I knew I could get their risk down very low. For over 20 years I dated non-hsv2 people and it turned out fine.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]