ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 10:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:37 am 

Hi,

I have been reading through the boards for the past 24 hours and decided I should seek help with the following scenario.
Yesterday I was told that the girl I slept with twice had a initial outbreak of type 2 herpes. I used a condom once and did not the time ( Idiot I know)

After reading through the boards, I have educated myself about the statistics and "shedding" that takes place. It's been one month since we slept together and I have no signs or symptoms. I called Planned Parenthood and asked to set up a meeting and they advised me that I must wait two more months for a blood test due to the antibodies building up.

Can somebody please advise me of what to do next? I have sought help from professionals but everybody seems to think that if there is no outbreak then I must wait two more months. I understand that Herpes sometimes has no signs. I would think that sleeping with somebody (without knowing) would be enough to seek a test.

Any advise or information would help calm me down. (I have visite that website with the updated handbook also) .
I cant imagine just sitting here for two more months waiting to get a blood test....

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:50 pm 

you can go ahead and get tested now but you will just have to repeat your test in another 2 months if you are negative for hsv2. honestly the odds of contracting hsv2 from 2 encounters is very low in general.

are you still involved with the partner in question? was she newly diagnosed during the time in which she was having sex with you?

betsy

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:13 pm 

It was just a casual encounter so no we arnt together. Yes she was newely diagnosed one week ago during an intital outbreak. She did not have any signs during our two sexual encounters, the lessions appeared one week ago. (been 1 month since I was last with her)

I have no symptoms or signs but do realize that you can be carrier anyways. I'm still going to do the blood test in two months just was hoping for a little information/reccomendations to calm my nerves.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]