ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pseudo-anal sex
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:51 pm 

I have a unique concern. I am a gay man and have HSV-2 but my partner does not. We have been together for 3 months. We have anal sex but there is not penetration. The way we do it is this: I sit on my partner with is penis in my crack. It is placed on the upper part between my anus and tailbone. This is how we have intercourse. For lack of a better term, I ride him and rub his penis in this part of my butt crack until he orgasms. Sometime I may lay on my stomach, but his penis rubs in the same location. We have never had anal sex with penetration. My partner is not into that.

I have never had an outbreak on my buttocks or on my anus or crack. But I would like to know if he is at risk of contracting it in this manner. Would I have shedding in the upper part of my ass crack?

Also, would this be considered unsafe sex and risky behavior during an outbreak?

We have been reading and educating ourselves since we started dating and we keep getting conflicting information. Also, I take 1000mg of Valtrex daily.

Post subject: Re: Pseudo-anal sex
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:13 pm 

this is still a risk but it is probably lower than actual penetration. You being on daily suppressive therapy is protecting him quite a bit too.

your partner has been tested properly and not just assumed to not have hsv2? ( I always ask )

have you both been tested for hiv too?

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:35 pm 

I have been blood-tested for HSV-2. I have also been tested for HIV and I am negative.

He has been tested for HIV and he is negative. But he hasn't been tested for HSV-2 as of yet.

I just wanted to know the risk of our sexual behavior because in one of the posts regarding Viral Shedding, you stated that you cannot shed the virus from the butt crack.

We have been very careful with everything else as well. And regarding oral sex, should he refrain from performing oral sex on me even when I am not having a BO, or does the Valtrex prevent shedding? I have performed oral sex on him, but he has never done it to me because he is afraid of the risk, even while not having a break out.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:06 pm 

he definitely needs tested to see what his herpes status is. the rates of hsv2 infection in gay males are as high as 60% in some studies so knowing his status is worthwhile. why worry about transmission if you don't have to?

rubbing in the butt crack would be a little different from the buttocks. you rub over the anal area when you rub in the butt crack so it would be a little bit higher risk though still lower than actual penetration. using a condom would reduce risk also.

can he contract your hsv2 orally? he can but the risk is rather low in general. If he is concerned, he can perform protected oral sex on you.

unfortunately we don't have rates of transmission in same sex relationships like we do with heterosexual couples to give you a better idea of if his risk is the low risk that straight males have in general or not :( wish we'd finally get those studies!!

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]