ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: BV & Herpes?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:30 pm 

Hello..about a year ago i was told i had bacterial vaginosis and have been treated about 3 times in the past year. i was also told that it was back at the same time i found out i had HSV 1&2. We are talking about that on a different post i have going but the question i have is..last Sunday till monday my vagina itched like crazy! i knew i was getting my period and thought this set it off. On Tue. i had nothing and my cycle started on Thurs. But could this have been an outbreak of HSV? I have read that your period can cause an outbreak and symptoms can be as mild as discharge and itching?? which can be many other things as well?? As always...thank you for your help and time

Post subject: Re: BV & Herpes?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:51 pm 

if you are still itching get tested for bv properly to see if it's back. sometimes breaking that bv cycle is hard.

betsy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 am 

Omg, Betsy, don't say that! i've been fighting a stinkin' y/i for something like 6mos now, and we're at our wits end. Turns out, probably, I've been fighting concurrent BV *AND* y/i...? Last month, finally got a referral from my Doc; the new OB/GYN Doc said, "Hey, look, BV and a yeast infection." Here's Flagil (1week) and Clotrimazole. This month, it was, "Here's Cleocin (2weeks) & Clotrimazole." Next month I think it's Gentian Violet... As if I'm not already susceptible to (and have!) yeast infections, let's give me antibiotics!

Okay, sorry for the rant... :oops: It's just frustrating being a woman sometimes. (and I won't go into the other annoying medical issues we're working on as well... gr. But the HSV2 is doing fine- haven't been on acyclovir for many months, and am just now having a slight OB- 800mg for two days, right?) *kisses*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:25 pm 

I had bv more than I didn't for 4 years :( Sometimes getting out of the vaginitis cycle is difficult for us gals.

I've had good relief by using fem dophilus by jarrow. I buy it on amazon ( store it in your fridge when you get it ). Take it 2x/day until you've been vaginitis free for a few weeks and then go down to 1x/day. It's been very helpful for replacing my "good" protective bacteria to keep bv at bay for the most part.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]