ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:43 pm 

So on March 23 rd I noticed my lymph nodes swell up In my hip area, so I went to my primary Dr. who gave a prescription for it and said it was an infection and sent me home. Over that weekend had some bumps appear and it hurt like hell to pee. I’ve never had anything like this so I made an appt. with my gyno. As soon as he saw it he said he thought it was Herpes, took a sample and did blood work. He didn’t prescribe any medicine cause the outbreak was over he said. I got my results today they are HSV IGG <0.91 AND HSV 2 IGG 2.65.

Is there a way too tell how long I’ve had herpes form the results?

I just started seeing someone new and we had unprotected sex a week before I noticed the bumps. Is there a possibility he got it? He is getting tested to be safe.

My ex said he tested negative for it but he had a swap test done, would he need a blood test ?

I’m freaking out. As you can see I couldn’t even spell my username correct

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:13 pm 

no, you didn't misspell it- you are young and hip and cool - that's your story and you are sticking with it right? he he he

no way to tell how long you've been infected from the blood test results. at this point your current partner needs a type specific herpes igg blood test to see what his status is too. if your former partner wants to cover his bases, he too will need type specific herpes igg blood testing too.

what medication did they give you - what dose and for how long?

betsy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:37 am 

Hahahaha, thanks.

When I got the call from the nurse everything happened so fast and my head was spinning that all I heard was Valtrex when I have an ob or suppresive therapy. I said I would call back. I'm going to my primary Dr, who will explain things calmer and slower.

The nurse said that I had herpes for a while that it wasn't new, because of the antibodies. So is this not true ??

Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:20 pm 

well your hsv2 igg is a low positive so it's hard to tell if you had just recently contracted hsv2 within the last few weeks , few months or have had it for years. If your current partner tests negative for hsv2, then you know that you've had it since before them at least.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]