ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: HSV-2
PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 10:55 am 

Hi! I was diagnosed with HSV-2 after getting a blood draw about a month ago. I have yet to have an outbreak and am worried where it will occur when it does happen. If I contracted the virus while performing oral sex, will the outbreak occur on my mouth? Is it possible for the outbreak to occur on my genitals even if I had no vaginal contact with the virus?
Thanks!

Post subject: Re: HSV-2
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 12:10 pm 

I will gladly look at your blood test results if you get the results of the to post here - e.g. hsv1 igg 4.3 and hsv2 igg 4.9 or whatever they are. That way we can be sure you were properly tested and don't have a result in the potential false positive range that needs confirmed with additional testing.

do you have a regular partner? If so, have they been tested yet to know their own status?

You can contract hsv2 orally but the risk of such is rather low.

betsy

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2011 2:26 pm 

My HSV 1 IgG was <0.91; and HSV 2 IgG was 3.86
My partner and I broke up about 7 months ago and he was not aware that he has the virus. I have not talked to him since my diagnosis but want to make sure that I indeed got the virus from him before breaking the bad news to him! The only other partner I had (before this one) we only had oral sex so most likely I didn't recieve the virus from him?

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:36 pm 

you weren't likely to contract hsv2 from oral sex.

Your hsv2 igg is still in the low positive range. I'd confirm it with a 2nd test, preferably a herpes WB if you can get your provider to order it for you.

betsy

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 4 posts ]