ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:13 am 

my male friend finally went to get tested after 10 weeks. I asked him which test was used and he did not know nor did the doctor tell him when he returned for the next visit. He called the office and was told it was negative.The next day I noticed my friend still had these pink spots on the hairline on the lower abdomen. I asked him what did the doctor say about that and his reply was that it was probably ingrown hair folicals. The doctor also told him "if you keep this up[his relationship with me] you will sooner or later get it.This doctor's responses scare me. I thought I'd be relieved when told the test was negative;now I'm just as worried.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:53 am 

As we've discussed previously, the risk to your partner is incredibly low with precautions.

have you ever read Terri Warren's book "the good news about the bad news"?

betsy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:04 am 

the point I was trying to make was I thought it was irresponible of the doctor to say that sooner or Later he would get hvs2 if he kept up this relationship. Do you really think he would have said this if my friend and were married? I don't think so. And for him not to tell my friend the name of the test? And further to dismiss the pink spots without looking into the cause as "ingrown hair folicles"? THAT is why this doctor scares me!

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 3 posts ]