ASHA STI Message Board
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

National Cervical Cancer Coalition

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:44 am 

Hey Guys and Gals,

I was looking at the Daily Buzz Morning Show and an interesting turn of events on the Herpes Virus came up. Some strains are being used in the fight of other diseases such as cancer and may help to boost up the immune system to fight food poisioning and the plague. There is still testing being done on them but I though I would share this. Who knows, Herpes might just be beneficial in the long run !!! I know that sounds odd but I believe there is a reason for everything.

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=6533825
http://www.montereyherald.com/health/ci_5925824

Above are two valid links on the study and you may be able to pull up The Daily Buzz website. Also Google Herpes Virus and click on the new link to get more information.

So far researchers are looking at HSV-1 for benefits and they are also looking for more information on any benefits of HSV-2. Of course we who deal with H know the downsides but I thought I would just try to bring some sunshine today to get us happy for the weekend. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 9:49 am 

The articles do state the downside as well of the Herpes Virus but to find some positives is pretty interesting to read about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:06 pm 

well I can find solice in the fact that now I may not get cancer... sorry just a newbi.. found out about 2 months ago and still having a hard time with it..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:11 pm 

I totally understand how you feel. It is tough when you are first diagnosed but please be assured things will get better. It's gonna take some time and you feel so many emotions. If you ever have any questions or just need to vent . Post it. We are all here for you and we will try to help you cope with H as much as possible. Whenever you have an outbreak be sure to use your antivirals, reduce any stress in your life and try to stay positive. It's tough but we are all here for you :D

Post subject: LOTS OF QUESTIONS
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:44 am 

I made a post its under new relationship pasted 5/31... I really feel that life as I knew it is over and the fact that I have to tell people(partners) is scary. I knew that my ex had it for 18 years but back then you didnt get if unless you had contact during the out break.. We never kept up on it. We just never during an out break and so I NEVER thought about it. Now I get it and he has been cheating and he is gone, and I get to deal with a new life and H.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 12:06 am 
They are hot and wet!
http://nice-females-dicked.org/video?id=200076

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]